There are two easy ways to apply:
1) Apply online. Please be prepared to complete both forms in full (links to both online forms are below). You cannot save your work and return later.
Karla Landis, Row to the Future Director
3320 Fuhrman Ave E
Seattle, WA 98102
After we receive your complete application, you will be contacted within 3 business days.
Questions? Call or email Karla Landis at (206) 686-6386 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RVR provides comprehensive support:
- Scholarships to join a junior rowing team and participate in regattas
- Transportation to and from practice
- Swimming instruction, if needed
- Mentorship through monthly cohort activites with peers and RVR staff
- Uniforms and training gear
RVR operates at two locations – Mt. Baker Rowing and Sailing Center in S. Seattle and Pocock Rowing Center in Eastlake neighborhood
Summer rowing at Mt. Baker Rowing and Sailing Center (two sessions available):
- Session 1: 7/2 – 7/26; Tues-Fri, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Session 2: 8/06 – 8/30; Tues-Fri, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Summer rowing at Pocock Rowing Center (three sessions available):
- Session 1: 6/24 – 7/12; Mon-Fri, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- Session 2: 7/15 – 8/2; Mon-Fri, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- Session 3: 8/5 – 8/16; Mon-Fri, 8:30-10:00 a.m.
To be a part of RVR, students are expected to:
- Attend a minimum of 75% of practice sessions
- Attend all RVR student activities (1 hour each, scheduled weekly; dinner provided)
- All student meetings are from 7-8pm at Rainier Community Center, 4600 38th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98118. Transportation provided.
- Meeting dates: February 7, 13, 28; March 7, 14, 21, 28; April 11, 18, 25